Hailing from the Southern Hemisphere, you may find me online at ‘weird’ times; however, it is just my time zone coming into play and I am always around every day at some point. So if you can’t find me in the Cbox, I am always available via PM.
Together, the founders have a combined experience level of over 50 years, so you are in good hands. So draw up a chair by the log fire and stay a while or longer and immerse yourself into the world that has been created here at Heart of the West!
Outside of writing, she enjoys video games and long walks on the beach. ...Not really. She hates the ocean.
Additionally, Blue is one of those weird math and science people who also enjoys writing, and she has been writing for over ten years. She loves good plotting, character development, and is always a sucker for a happy ending.
Cattle Barons want to expand their herds, while farmers are struggling to work the land. Greedy Miners are at odds with each other and the Natives who believe their land is sacred. The soldiers of Fort Langden have their hands full managing the situation and local law enforcement who resent their presence. Men and women looking for their fortunes have been flooding in since the rumors of gold running under the mountain came to light, and while the influx of people has been good for business, the proprietors are just waiting for the bubble to burst.
The place is a powder keg and all it'll take is a spark to set it off.
Come explore the sprawling western town with its various array of characters or wander the range where the multitude of cattle roam, get involved in the lives of farmers struggling to hold off the pushy cattle barons encroaching on their lands or explore the dangerous world of coal mining.
Is the government corrupt?
Are the farmers right in their wild accusations?
Is there something fishy going on with the coal mines? Is there really a massive vein of gold deep within the mountains just waiting to be discovered? Or will you create your own adventure?
Start writing and find out!
GameDate: Friday, December 24, 1868.
From May 20th, 2017 everyone is invited to join in the festivities of Christmas at Heart of the West. This event will lead up to the annual change of game year and the 1st anniversary of the site in July.
Completed Jan 31st, 2017: Activity Check #1. Please PM the Admins if you missed it.
Dec 4th 2016: Important Update to the Rules and FAQ. Please ensure you read these changes.
Heart of the West was founded by a group of dedicated writers who hold a wealth of experience in both writing, coding, graphics, history and role-playing.
Some of what we bring to you is new and some we have brought with us from our individual places across the net. One thing you can be sure of is that we are fully committed to this site and the genre and one of us should usually be about to chat with you. We come from very varied time zones so please be aware of this when seeking one of us out!
|Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Jul 8 2016, 08:55 PM
egistering and Applying
• For this board, we ask that you be 16 or older to register.
Playing on the Board• Please wait until your application has been approved by an admin before posting in the IC areas. However, feel free to introduce yourself and get involved in the OOC forum!
• Please refrain from godmodding and/or powerplaying. This includes other players’ characters, animals, NPCs and any Canon (claimed or unclaimed) unless you’ve been given permission by the other player or the admins. Any injury or death must be discussed and agreed upon with the other player. Unclaimed Canons may not be harmed in any way without the express permission of the admins.
• When playing, we ask that you avoid posting one line replies. Make sure your partner has something to respond to, be it dialogue or an action!
• Please date all your threads with a date stamp/ place and approx time of day.
• If your character runs a shop or a similar enterprise, feel free to create a location thread for it! Let an admin know, and we can pin the topic for you! Just make sure to claim a spot on the business listing! Make it clear on the listing if you allow playable NPC's in your store or not.
OOC and Graphics• Please show all players and staff respect in the OOC areas of the board, including the Cbox.
• • Do not post advertisements or links to other roleplaying sites anywhere on the board except for the Advertising forum.
• Leave feuds and grudges for IC storylines!
• Avatar dimensions are 250x400. Dimensions for the smaller picture is 110x110, though the mini profile will resize images to a degree. Signature graphics should be no wider than 500px.
• Please keep your images PG-13! No graphic nudity or gore.
AbsencesIf you are unable to post IC in a story thread for an extended period or you are away for more than a week, please post in the AWAY NOTICES section of the OOC forum. Messages in the Cbox will not be acknowledged as an official notification. Alternately, you may PM one of the admins. All player OOC accounts and Character accounts will be archived after 30 days of total IC inactivity without an official absent notice. IF your accounts are reinstated after a lengthy unexplained absence, it is up to you to PM those you were threading with to see if they wish to continue. Regardless, you are expected to re-request all your claims and post in an IC thread within seven days of your reactivation.
We are a L2S2V2 rated site which does not allow anything above a US PG13 rating level and anything mature is not permitted anywhere on this site at present due to the ToS for Jcink Free Sites
What is considered Mature?
Mature content includes:
• full frontal nudity (typically images/video, though extremely detailed written works could qualify here too)
• graphic sex scenes
• graphic violence (like detailed torture scenes or body mutilation)
• intense imagery (like surgery)
• full depictions of hard drug use (ex- Cocaine, Heroine, LSD).
For the Terms of Service purposes, it does not matter whether the content is written in story form, a picture, a video clip or an audio track.
As a side reminder, Jcink.com (and by extension all Jcink Forum sites) go by the highest rating. So claiming to be PG-13 means you cannot have content that is rated R to be classed PG-13. If it would get an R rating, then you are not PG-13, and you are violating the ToS.
**Please note that the admins have the ability to deal with occurrences not referenced above in the best way they see fit. Any member who repeatedly breaks the rules will be banned.
Last Updated: Jan 22nd, 2017